Doing Good in the Neighborhood. Wanna Help?
Do you like events? Working with others? Does your resume need building while you wait for the perfect position? Do you need to fill some community hours for work or school? Or maybe you just need some interview and work experience? Learn some valuable skills with us while you are having fun.
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, outgoing people to volunteer at the Marketplace. Full training is provided but let us know what skills you might like to share with us. Some of the positions we are currently interviewing for are:
- Office Assistants - Printing and copying, sign making, poster and brochure delivery and all things office!
- Logistic Crew - Equipment repair and painting and prepping, sign making and posting.
- Online Marketing – posting, blogging web updates, press releases.
- Volunteer Crew Leader - Coordinate volunteers and teams, check in and accountability.
- Event Planners – create events, run current events, come up with ideas, have a lot of fun.
- Friends of the Marketplace Crew - help with fund raising and our partnership program.
MARKET DAY CREW – Tuesday’s June 10 – August 26
- Marketing Crew – Creative or journalistic writers, photographers and videograhers for online event stories. Tweeters and posters for web and social sites. (great for media students building a portfolios)
- Information Booth Crew - Merchandising, Information sharing, Vendor and volunteer check-in, lost and found, first aid. All things Market.
- Logistic Crew – Set up and tear down; erect canopies, tables and chairs, run power, Vendor assistance. Traffic control and market safety and security.
Some of our volunteer groups include:
- The Kiwanas
- The Optimists
- Hillsboro PD Cadets
- Glenco and Century H.S. Key Club
- Boy Scounts
- and some truly wonderful community people.
Make A Difference – Get Involved – Support your Community – Without you, the Marketplace could not be possible!
We appreciate your help